How to Make a Degree Symbol
Key Points Edit
- On Windows. press. Alt and 0176 or Alt and 248. This will insert a ° symbol in any text field when you release Alt .
- On Mac. press. Opt,Shift and 8 at the same time. This will create a ° symbol wherever your cursor is, in any program.
- On Android. press the symbols button in the bottom left corner of your keyboard to open the Symbols view. Then press the ° key. On some phones, it will be in the second page of symbols.
- On iPhone. press and hold the 0 button on the numbers keyboard. Then slide your finger over the degree symbol and release.
- On Linux. press. Ctrl. Shift. and U all at once, and then type b0 and press space.
Method One of Six:
Using Keyboard Shortcuts (Windows and Mac) Edit
Open a program that allows you to type text. This could be a word processor, an email program, a Facebook message, or even your browser’s address bar.
Press . Alt + 0 1 7 6 or Alt + 2 4 8 (Windows). This will insert a ° symbol in any text field when you release Alt.
- NumLock needs to be enabled for these codes to work. If your computer doesn’t have a numeric pad, try one of the other methods in this article.
- If you can’t get these to work, make sure you’re using the Alt key on the right side of the keyboard.
Press . ⌥ Opt + ⇧ Shift + 8 (Mac). This will create a ° symbol wherever your cursor is, in any program.