in International Hotel Management
The original hospitality management degree
The Bachelor Degree in International Hotel Management prepares students to enter the world of hospitality as leaders and managers with a strategic approach to business. It combines management theory with hands-on hospitality courses, professional internships and a business specialization.
In the last year, students take a variety of business courses and three courses for their specialization. There are six specializations to choose from: Event Management, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Finance, Innovation and Sustainability, Health and Wellness Management
3.5 Duration (Years)
2 Internships (2 x 6 months)
2 Intakes (Jan/August)
Your first semester of study will prepare you to successfully fulfill functions of various Front-of-House departments in international restaurants or hotels including:
- Catering and Banquets Operations – Service Experiential Learning
- Cleaning Science and Stewarding
- Principles of Bar and Beverage Operations – Service Experiential Learning
- Fine Dining, Casual and Fast Food Operations – Service Experiential Learning
- Rooms Division Operations
- Introduction to the World of Hospitality
- Mathematics and Applied IT
This semester of study builds on the skills that you have already developed by preparing you to fulfill duties of various back-of -house departments, such as:
- Catering and Banquets Operations Kitchen Experiential Learning
- Pastry and Bakery Operations Experiential Learning
- Fine Dining, Casual and Fast Food Operations Kitchen Craft-based Learning
- Hospitality Financial Accounting and Control
- Rooms Division Administration
- Scientific Principles of Nutrition and Food
SEMESTER 3 INTERNSHIP (6 MONTHS)
In the first internship, you will practice your skills at operational level either in service (restaurant, bars, room service) or in Rooms Division (Front office, housekeeping).
This final Hotel Operations semester will prepare you to fulfill the managerial functions of the principal departments of a hotel or restaurant:
- Rooms Division Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Facilities Management
- Hospitality Managerial Accounting
- Hospitality Human Resources
- Hospitality Marketing
SEMESTER 5: INTERNSHIP (6 MONTHS)
In the second internship, you will exercise your skills in administration, project management, time management and communication. It can be done in cross-training or any department.
SEMESTER 6 7
The final year of the BBA focuses on broader business practices and strategic management, with the standard courses (see below) complemented by the specialization courses.
- Modeling for Management
- International Strategic Marketing
- Financial Management
- Leadership and Human Resource Management
- Research Methods
- Quantitative Techniques
- Revenue and Pricing Management
- Tourism Studies
- Dissertation (for Honors Degree)
- BBA specialization courses
Based on personal strengths and professional goals discovered through internships, students can choose the BBA pathway which suits their career objectives and areas of interest:
Age – Normally 18 years old and above. Applicants can be under that age provided they are 18 years old by the time they start their first internship.
Education – A High School Diploma or equivalent. Students must have completed a minimum of 12 years of education (pre-school doesn t count), within which at least 3 years of high school education supported by an official Certificate / Diploma. Complete information on the school, including school transcript of grades 10, 11 and 12 and/or certificate of public examination with an explanatory note of the grading system should be provided.
If you have pursued an apprenticeship or have professional work experience in a hospitality-related field, you can access the BBA at an advanced entry point. Your program will be an accelerated version of the BBA, enabling you to build on your existing experience and management skills.
English Qualification – If you are not a native English speaker, or if you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school, please enclose one of the following:
- TOEFL: minimum score of 525 points for the paper based test and 70 on the Internet Based Test (IBT). The TOEFL testing code number for Les Roches is 9827.
- Cambridge First Certificate Exam (FCE): Grade C – Please also send the statement of results with your detailed profile.
- IELTS. Academic Module minimum Overall Band Score of 5.5 and at least 5.0 in each discipline (listening, reading, writing, speaking).
All English certificates must have been issued in the last 12 months prior to admission.
If you do not meet the above English language requirements, you have the possibility of registering on our Intensive English language program to acquire the entry English level.