Best Schools with Marketing Research Programs: List of Top U.S. Schools
Marketing research degrees are available at strong schools such as the Wisconsin and Georgia universities described below. Marketing research (MR) professionals help businesses and advertisers understand what people think of their products and services and, by extension, what else is desired by customers. Designing surveys, conducting interviews and producing reports are the primary duties of market researchers and market research analysts. Master’s degrees in MR are among the study options offered at the two universities described below; a broader list of schools that teach this discipline is also provided.
1. University of Wisconsin – Madison
School Highlight: UW-Madison’s AC Nielsen Center for Marketing Research offers merit-based project assistantships that cover the cost of MBA tuition in exchange for 13 hours/week of consulting work.
The University of Wisconsin – Madison offers over 100 fields of study and 800 student organizations. U.S. News World Report ranked the school 13th in the publication’s 2015 list of top public colleges.
The A.C. Nielsen Center for Marketing Research operates the marketing research specialization of the School of Business’ Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. Students learn about consumer behavior, branding, experimental design and qualitative research methods, among other topics. Project assistantships are awarded to a limited number of students each year. Student assistants work 13 hours per week under a faculty member and receive a stipend and a full tuition waiver.
2. University of Georgia in Athens, GA
School Highlight: The Terry School of Business offers the Master of Marketing Research (MMR) that can be completed in 11 months.
The University of Georgia (UGA) is home to four million library volumes and the original Constitution of the Confederate States of America. UGA tied for 20th place in U.S. News World Report ‘s 2015 ranking of America’s best public colleges.
Established in 1986, the Coca-Cola Center for Marketing Studies offers a Master of Marketing Research (MMR) program designed to provide students with the skills necessary for the MR process. The center’s advisory board includes professionals from well-known corporations such as PepsiCo, JP Morgan Chase and Walmart. A highlight of the MMR program is student involvement in research or management audit projects supervised by a professor and sponsored by industry partners. Students also benefit from executive seminars that offer question-and-answer sessions hosted by MR professionals.
Top Marketing Research Schools
- DBA with an Emphasis in Marketing
- Bridge (Doctor of Business Administration with an Emphasis in Marketing)
- Doctor of Business Administration – Management
- MBA: Marketing
- BS in Marketing
- Bachelor of Science in Business for Secondary Education
- BS in Applied Management
- BS in Business Admin.
- View more
- Master of Business Administration – Executive Management (Virtual Format)
- Master of Business Administration – No Specialization
- B.S. General Studies – Marketing
- B.S. Marketing – Social Media
- B.S. Marketing – Analytics
- B.S. Marketing – Digital Advertising, Promotion and Branding
- B.S. Marketing – Services and Non-Profit
- B.S. Business Administration – No Specialization
- A.S. General Studies – Marketing
- A.S. Business
- A.S. General Studies – Business
- View more
- Doctor of Management (DM) – General Concentration (Executive Format)
- MBA in Marketing
- Master of Business Administration
- BS – Business Administration – Marketing
- BS – Business Administration – Digital Marketing
- BS – Business Administration – Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Organizational Behavior
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Business Development
- BS – Business Administration – General
- Associate of Science in Business Administration