Hosted VoIP Solutions
CenturyLink ® Hosted VoIP increases business efficiency and improves productivity over traditional TDM voice solutions while increasing mobility. Hosted VoIP allows you to converge your separate voice and data networks and get an easy-to-use-and-deploy VoIP solution that can scale as business requirements dictate.
Improved, unified communications
With Hosted VoIP, your employees can turn any location into a remote office where they receive calls, retrieve messages and collaborate with remote teams.
Hosted VoIP helps your business maximize its return on investment by delivering all the PBX features and functionality your business expects without the capital expense of purchasing hardware or the ongoing operational expense of managing and maintaining that hardware. Simply choose the number of seats you need from our range of seat types (based on the features you need) and get a predictable monthly budget. And, with CenturyLink Hosted VoIP, a full-featured IP phone is included in the monthly seat price. No capital is needed for new phone equipment or maintenance. Now you’re communicating better than ever before.
Scalable and Manageable
CenturyLink’s intuitive online portal enables administrators to manage users. Employees can also customize their service to fit their individual preferences. Changes are made in real time without the need to deploy people or deliver hardware. Scale from a few users to over 10,000 per location as your business grows.
Our VoIP solutions are available nationwide (covering 98% of the US population), and CenturyLink has over 15 years of experience providing VoIP solutions to companies like yours. If your equipment is aging and you don’t want the expense purchasing and maintaining new equipment, Hosted VoIP may be the answer. New phones for this cloud-based solution are included in the seat price. You maintain administrative control without having to manage two separate networks, and you can scale your service to align with your business needs.
- Benefit from nationwide availability with service in more than 10,000 local rate centers
- Experience feature-rich IP handsets (included in seat price)
- Eliminate the expense of maintaining phone equipment
- Free up IT resources to focus on your core business
- Gain a predictable monthly budget with per-seat pricing
- Scale your service efficiently as business demands
- Connect mobile workforce back to the office using the mobile devices they currently have
- Manage users, inventory and group features such as hunt groups, auto attendants, hold music, and LDAP directory integration with the intuitive CenturyLink VoIP portal
Built on the BroadSoft BroadWorks platform, CenturyLink Hosted VoIP allows your business to display a single dial plan for the entire company, even if employees are geographically distributed or work remotely. Employees can now make and receive calls with the mobile devices they use today, and enjoy the same features as their office phones. They are now more accessible to customers and colleagues—regardless of where they are.
CenturyLink Hosted VoIP receptionist portal combines the front-desk phone with a computer-based, choose-and-click operator interface that makes it easy to direct calls to staff wherever they are.
Hosted VoIP leads with CenturyLink IQ ® Networking Internet Port or Private Port with one of the following connection options 1 :
- IP/ethernet service: 3Mbps-1Gbps
- Ethernet over copper service: 3Mbps-10Mbps
- DS1 service: 1.5Mbps (DS1)-12Mbps (8xDS1)
- Existing connection to CenturyLink network
- CenturyLink IQ ® Delta Port 2 or other carrier access for remote locations when headquarters location is connected with CenturyLink IQ ® Networking 3
You can also bring your own IP-enabled network access (even from a third-party provider).
1 All options require quality of service (QoS) enabled—which prioritizes your voice traffic over your data traffic to help ensure crystal-clear calls
2 Restrictions apply for CenturyLink IQ Delta Ports, such as term and speed limits, minimum port quantities and an overall bandwidth minimum. No SLA applies.
3 Voice performance over 3 rd party provided access is excluded from SLA