Supply Chain Management Certificate Program
Rutgers Business School’s Center for Supply Chain Management is pleased to announce a three-day certificate program developed in cooperation with leading industry experts. This exciting program covers the major aspects of supply chain management, including strategy, sourcing and procurement, logistics, operations and organizational alignment. Learn how to execute a strategic supply chain management plan that is grounded in today’s business needs for competitive effectiveness and operations efficiency.
Supply chain management is a business integrating process used to create and sustain competitive advantage based on the delivery to customers of basic (expected) and value-added (unexpected) services. SCM is led by senior line executives (internal and external) who work together seeking to optimize information, product service, and cash flows from the purchase of raw materials to the delivery and disposal of finished products. Properly implemented SCM will achieve significant strategic objectives in productivity and quality improvements, cost reductions, development of innovative services, and productive internal and external relationships.
- Principles of supply chain strategy and how to link them to business strategy
- Why SCM must be implemented as a multifunctional process
- Aligning resources and organizations for effective management of the supply chain
- How to track performance over your supply chain
- A full range of world-class SCM benefits—beyond cost reduction
- Considerations in managing more effective internal and external relationships
- How sourcing and procurement affect the bottom line
- Best practices for managing your suppliers
- The green supply chain
- Challenges that result from the globalization of supply chains
- Current trends in operations and logistics management
- Transportation issues
- How to implement strategies that help your supply chain make and deliver your products to the market faster, better and cheaper—all in a highly cost-effective manner
What makes Rutgers’ Certificate Program unique and vital?
- We offer a complete “end-to-end” view of SCM strategy. Sourcing and procurement, logistics, operations, strategy and organizational alignment are all included in the program.
- This program has been crafted with a clear bias towards communicating practical lessons in supply chain strategy and implementation. Students should expect to take away actionable and proven ideas for implementation tailored to their business.
- Rutgers faculty members, with well-established research records, have been carefully selected as seminar leaders based on their areas of expertise and experience.
- Many of our presenters are senior corporate executives with extensive practical experience in management of the supply chain.
- We emphasize the importance of implementation and the development of a personal action plan.
- Because we are part of a major research university, we can award meaningful certificates to qualified participants who successfully complete the program.
Application deadline: May 29, 2017
- Tuition Fee: $2,600
- Early registration by April 17 gets a 5% discount.
- One complementary seat for Rutgers Center for SCM Member Companies.
Fee includes all instructional costs, program materials, continental breakfasts and lunches. Fee does not include hotel accommodations.
The program will take place in Rutgers Business School’s Newark campus located at 1 Washington Park Newark, NJ 07102. (Please click here for directions. ) Room location and additional logistics information will be included in the confirmation letter.
Learn more about the certificate program: